Monday, January 24, 2011

Vogue Knitting Live: Stash Enhancement...

But first, a little Metamorphosis update! This week we progress with our sweaters. Above you can see my raglan seam (with open ms) and below you can see the completed v-neck closure for the pullover. Both photos are while blocking, and I slipped a white sheet of paper in for a better look at the details.
On Sunday Jeri and I posted the second installment of the pattern, which takes us past the yoke and on to the body of the sweater. Below you can see how I tried on my sweater to confirm a perfect fit. It is hard to take a photograph without help, and with needles still in place. Please forgive the poor quality!
Next week we will be moving on to the next lace chart, which creates a little waist shaping. It is also the second chart for our first shawl. The group is great fun and you are welcome to join us as we explore sweaters and lace (in some serious detail!) All the information is here.
So I went to Vogue Knitting Live on Saturday. It was very freezing cold in NYC, but Margaret was willing to drive, so several of us went in style. It was really crowded and the light was not great, but that didn't stop me! This is who I got to see: starting from the left are Dawn, Cara, me, Margaret, Karen, Jeri and Pat. I also saw Judi, who is not in my picture. I did not see Sandra, Benita, Janet or Paula, despite looking for them! Karen and Pat actually took a class. Sandra, Benita, Janet and Paula took a few classes (which is probably why we didn't get to see them.) The rest of us were just yarn junkies...
I got a bag of Noro King for a new idea Jeri and I have been working on. It is a light fingering weight with a crisp feel (think raw silk.) The yardage is excellent, so the bag of 10 skeins will make a jacket for me.
I got some lovely natural black alpaca blended with natural dark brown merino. This is a heavy lace weight and really nice, with an earthy feel. I can't wait to play with it.
I got two little skeins of lace weight kid/silk just because the colors really grabbed me and are so shockingly pretty together. In a shocking way. I really love color in the winter.
I got a skein of the newish Noro lace to try out.
And I got two cakes of lace weight Merino from Windy Valley, which were on sale for a lovely price. The color is more lavender than pink, but the flash washed it out a bit. It feels devine knitted up (they had some sample garments.) What more can I say?
I'll try to be back next week with a Metamorphosis update, showing both sweater and shawl progress. Until then, knit on!

No comments:

Post a Comment